ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 15:24:07 +0900
Dear ICOM members,

I am very pleased to know that many ICOM members from all over the world are
planning to participate in the 20th General Conference and the 21st General
Assembly to be held in Seoul in October.

I would like to take this opportunity to inform you of the National Folk
Museum(NFM) of Korea's cultural event on 5th October. In commemoration of
the ICOM 2004 SEOUL, the NFM will hold a special exhibition titled "Woods
and Papers in Korean Traditional Crafts", and will have an opening ceremony.
Our cultural event beginning from 4:30pm includes Korean traditional
performances, exhibition view and a welcome reception with Korean
traditional food served. The outline of it is as follows:

PROGRAMME ON 5TH OCTOBER (TUESDAY)
* Place: The National Folk Museum of Korea <Website: www.nfm.go.kr>

1630 - 1710
- Congratulatory performance (Korean traditional performances)

1730 - 1930
- Opening ceremony of the NFM's special exhibition
- Exhibition view
- Dinner

Therefore, the NFM wishes to invite you to this occasion, and to kindly ask
to let us know if you are interested in participating. Transport will be
provided free from COEX, the main venue, to the National Folk Museum of
Korea on that day. Please send us your information as described below would
you like to join us:

* Surname :
* First name :
* Position :
* Institution/Museum :
* Address :
* E-mail :
* Telephone :
* Facsimile :
* ICOM membership number :
* International Committee of your main attendance or voting membership :

The contact point is :

Jongsok KIM
Curator
Cultural Exchange & Education Division
National Folk Museum of Korea
1-1, Sejongno, Chongno-gu
Seoul 110-820, Republic of Korea
Tel: +82-(0)2-3704-3114, +82-(0)2-3704-3109 (Direct)
Fax: +82-(0)2-3407-3149
E-mails: <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>

In addition, I would like to remind you that we will be able to invite the
first 'two hundred' participants in the order of receipt.
If you do not receive an acknowledgement from us, please send us another
message.

I do thank you for your kind attention in this matter.

We all look forward to seeing you in Seoul.

Yours sincerely,

Jongsok KIM