ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Bonomi, Carla" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Apr 2009 16:57:18 +0200
The French and Spanish versions of this message will be published in the
next few days

Dear ICOM Colleagues,

We are pleased to confirm that we will meet between Monday 8th and
Thursday 11th June, 2009. In compliance with ICOM statutes, our General
Assembly and our Advisory Committee will be convened on this occasion,
as well as sessions of the Executive Council.

The tentative program, still subject to some organizational
modifications, will be the following:

- Monday, June 8th :
08:30 : Executive Council Meeting (Morning and Afternoon)
18:00 : Introductory Working Meeting for the new Chairs (of last two
years) or their designated representatives for the National Committees,
International Committees, Regional Alliances or Affiliated
Organizations.

- Tuesday, June 9th :
09:00 : Annual General Assembly
11:30 : Plenary Session of the Advisory Committee (1st session)
16:30 : Debate with key-note speakers on the Theme of  "What is the
economic crisis changing for museums?"
18:30 : Annual Reception and visit of a museum or an exhibition

- Wednesday, June 10th :
09:00 - 12:30 : Working sub-groups of the Advisory Committee (one for
the International Committees, one for the National Committees).
14:15-17:15 : Working sub-groups (mix of all committees) to debate and
make recommendation on the Theme introduced the day before.

- Thursday, June 11th:
9:00 - 12:30 : Second Plenary Session of the Advisory Committee
14:00 - 17:00 : Second Session of the Executive Council.

Suggestions and items of discussion given by Committees are welcome and
in fact expected, especially in order to facilitate the organization of
the morning "separate" meetings of the sub-groups of the Advisory
Committee on the Wednesday morning. Suggestions should be addressed to
[log in to unmask] by Monday, April 20th. The preparation of those
meetings has already started, in a constructive manner, in close
connection with York Langenstein, Chair of the Advisory Sub-Committee
for the National Committees, and Marie-Paule Jungblut, Chair of the
Advisory Sub-Committee for the International Committees. Your
suggestions will help the finalization of the sub-groups' agendas.

A more comprehensive program as well as information will be disseminated
later through ICOM-L and on the upcoming special "2009 June Meetings"
ICOM WebPages.

We are looking forward to seeing you all on this occasion.

All the best,

Alissandra Cummins, President of ICOM
Knut Wik, Chair of the Advisory Committee
Julien Anfruns, Director General of  ICOM