ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From:
Date:
Wed, 16 Jul 2008 18:10:46 +0300
I want to explain our complicated problem.  All exhibits are the property of
our country and all museums have the property accountability.
Each museum as an other organization has the business accounting for
techniques, materials etc. and separately the accounting of exhibits.
The problem is: they want to make the business accounting  of  the
collections of our state museums(works, sculpture, bones of mammoth etc.) as
a chairs, tables, computers, techniques. Though the rules of  accounting of
museum's exhibits completely different comparing with the rules of account
management.
Combination of two different systems of accounting (computer and exhibit).
This is not unacceptable for us. We would like to know as any country tried
to combine the such kind of accountings, I mean the exhibits and all tools
which are used by employees during the working day.

Regards,

Julia Lytvynets