ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Dr. hany hanna" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2006 23:37:31 -0700

Dear Colleagues,
  Greetings from Egypt,
  I would like to inform you that the preprints for Icon and Portrait International Conference, King Maryut, Alexandria, Egypt, 18-20 September 2006 have been prepared.
  Additional copies of the preprints are available for selling, you can buy copies for yourself, your institutions, co-authors or/and colleagues, libraries and/or bookshops.
  The preprints is one volume, 232 pages, 80 gm white print paper, 24cm x 16 cm (about 6.5 x 9.5 inches).
  It includes: 22 full paper and one poster full abstract. Most of papers are in English while only two papers are in Arabic. 200 black and white illustrations and two coloured photos on the cover.

  The topics of the papers varied considerably. There are two groups of papers; the first one includes several subjects concerning Christian Icons in folkloristic and traditional styles, as well as ancient Icons and Portraits other then Christian ones, in addition to the Iconoclasm controversy and movements of opposition and destruction of icons. The papers are also dealing with Icons and Portraits on various substrates such as wood, canvas and pottery.
  The second group of papers includes several studies concerning analysis, identification, documentation, treatment, restoration, preservation and conservation of Icons and Portraits with several applied techniques, methods and case studies. This group of papers deals with the composition, parts and layers of the Icons and Portraits such as the supports, preparatory layers, paints, pigments and dyes as well as surface coatings.

  ISBN 977-5118-35-2

  The cost of the copy is € 50

  You will be able to have any number of copies with discount as the following
  1) 1-3 copies: 10%
  2) 4-6 copies: 15%
  3) 7-10 copies: 20%
  4) 11-20 copies: 30 %
  5) More then 20 copies: 35%

  To be sent to you in USA, Canada, Europe and Arabian Country by regular mail, your order will be subject for the regular post costs as the following:

            Number of copies
    Postage costs (€)
    postage Rate per copy (€)
    Number of copies
    Postage costs (€)
    postage Rate per copy (€)
      1
    10
    10
    11 - 12
    57
    5.18 – 4.75
      2
    17
    8.5
    13 - 14
    64
    4.92 – 4.47
      3 - 4
    27
    9 - 6.75
    15 - 16
    70
    4.6 – 6.37
      5 - 6
    35
    7 - 5.83
    17 - 18
    75
    4.41 – 4.16
      7 - 8
    43
    6.14 – 5.37
    19 - 20
    80
    4.21 - 4
      9 - 10
    50
    5.55 - 5

  For the special post or courier, the postage costs will be as the following.

            Number of copies
    Postage costs (€)
    postage Rate per copy (€)
    Number of copies
    Postage costs (€)
    postage Rate per copy (€)
      1
    20
    20
    11 - 12
    80
    7.27 – 6.66
      2
    30
    15
    13 - 14
    90
    6.92 – 6.42
      3 - 4
    40
    13 - 10
    15 - 16
    100
    6.66 – 6.25
      6 - 5
    50
    10 - 8.3
    17 - 18
    110
    6.47 – 6.11
      7 - 8
    60
    8.57 – 7.5
    19 - 20
    120
    6.05 - 6
      9 - 10
    70
    7.77 - 7

  -For the postage, costs for Latin America and Asian countries add 30% to the rates mentioned above.
  -For copies over 20, please advices me first with your wish we will inform you with the cost of the service.

  You should first calculate the full price and costs for your order and transfer it to our bank account (please see details below), the commission of the bank for the transfer should be in the form (OUR) which means that your bank should charge you for its commission, our bank commission and any other commission in route. The complete net amount of the price and the post costs should reach our account without any loss.

  Bank account details (must always be used):

  -Full name of the Bank: NATIONAL BANK OF EGYPT (NBE) – SARWAT BRANCH
  -Full address of the bank: 39, ABDEL KHALEK SARWAT ST., CAIRO, EGYPT.
  - SWIFT CODE: NBEGEGCX003
  -Bank Account number: (11000154192) (In €).
  -Account name: Hany Hanna Aziz Hanna

  To receive your order in Egypt and pay in Cash please connect me.

  With my Best Regards,
  Sincerely,

  Dr. Hany Hanna
  Chair, "Icon and Portrait International Conference", Egypt, September, 2006
  Elected coordinator of ICOM-CC–Wood, Furniture and Lacquer.
  Mobil No.: +2-012-4176742
  E-mail: [log in to unmask]

==================== This email is a copy right protected; it is confidential and solely intended for the recipient(s) to whom it is addressed. If you have received this email in error, please reply to me advising this error.
  Thank you,
  Dr. Hany Hanna