ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From:
Giovanni Pinna <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 2003 23:22:46 +0200
Dear Nick
The Executive Council normally meets two time in a year (June and
December). ICOM do not pay expenses for attending the meetings, but each EC
member receive about 100-125 euros (I do not remember the exact amount) as
refound of the expenses. This is of course a problem for retired members
and for people not refounded by their museums or administrations (that are
a large part of members). You must note that all poposed candidates must
sign a declaration with which they assume all expenses in attending the EC
Meetings.
In my opinion this problem must be discussed by the EC, even if now the
financial situation of ICOM is not the best, considering the expenses for
rent the bureau outside Unesco.
In any case I think that we had a misunderstending: I know very well the
nomination process as established in the Statute, but I have no news about
the work carried out after its establishment by the Nomination Committee
(that is not charged of the nomination process, that depends from the
Advisory Council).
Best wishes

Giovanni Pinna