ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From:
Erik Ledbetter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 2004 09:08:55 -0500
A message from Edward H. Able, Jr., President and CEO of the American
Association of Museums:

The American Association of Museums observes with dismay the
destruction, havoc, and loss of life wrought by the earthquake and
tsunamis of December 26, 2004.  We extend out heartfelt condolences to
the people of Burma, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, India,
Maldives, Bangladesh, Somalia, Kenya, Tanzania, and all other
communities affected by this terrible disaster.  Our thoughts are with
the victims and those working to relieve their suffering.  In the weeks
to come, we will attempt to monitor the situation and to stay in contact
with the regional and international organizations best placed to
identify the needs of museums and heritage professionals in the affected
areas as they recover and rebuild.

Erik Ledbetter
Senior Manager, International Programs
American Association of Museums