ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From:
Carla BONOMI <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Mar 2016 13:11:41 +0000
Dear ICOM Members and Colleagues,

We kindly invite you to share in your networks the reminder of the Call for Papers of the ICEE - International Committee for Exhibitions and Exchange!

This year's ICEE Annual Conference Communicating, Connecting and Innovating with Style which will be held in Milan, Italy from July 4 to 7, 2016 during the 24th ICOM General Conference.

The theme of this year's ICEE conference is inspired by our fashion and design oriented host city, Milan. This year's conference programme will include the ever-popular Marketplace of exhibitions, behind the scenes tours of Milan museums and cultural heritage sites, as well as special networking opportunities with ICOM's Marketing and Public Relations International Committee, ICOM-MPR.

We invite you to consider this year's conference theme (see below) and submit a conference paper or case study proposal by March 30th, 2016.

Please visit the ICEE website for information about the conference http://network.icom.museum/icee/

Please note that registration for the ICOM General Conference is now open and can be completed via the ICOM website. http://network.icom.museum/icom-milan-2016/registration/how-to-register/
There is no separate registration for the ICEE Conference.

Best wishes,

Anne-Marie Raymond
Secretary, ICEE

Conseillère, Initiatives stratégiques
Musée canadien de l'histoire
Advisor, Strategic initiatives
Canadian Museum of History
100, rue Laurier Street
Gatineau, QC  K1A 0M8
T:819-776-8310

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************
CALL FOR PAPERS
2016 ICEE ANNUALCONFERENCE

Communicating, Connecting and Innovating with Style

Milan has been regarded as a fashion and design capital since the Middle Ages. It is known around the world as a vibrant city fuelled by fashion, art and design; inspiring new trends and new ways of viewing the world. What better way to pay tribute to our host city than for the ICEE  to discuss the influence of fashion and design in the way museums craft experiences and communicate their messages to visitors.
Museums borrow from the world of fashion and design and are influenced by it. Visual impact, client-centered, bespoke or tailor-made, design-thinking, innovation-all of these design and fashion concepts and ideas have pervaded the museum world.
This year, we invite conference participants to think about their work in exhibitions through the eyes of the design world, exploring the ways museums communicate, connect with audiences and plan for dynamic and engaging visitor experiences.
We invite conference proposals that explore the following topics:

1) Communicating in Style
In this information age, Museums must communicate with impact and clarity, simplifying messages and using innovative tools to effectively transmit big ideas in exhibitions. How do Museums tell stories that make an impact? How do we communicate big ideas through design and visitor experience?
2) Connecting with Audiences in Style
A deep understanding of the needs and motivations of visitors is at the heart of developing meaningful museum experiences and exhibitions. Museums are tailoring their content in an effort to create authentic experiences that touch visitors on a personal level and keep them coming back. How do we connect our goals and the needs of our audience? How do we involve our audience/community in our work? What are some best practices for creating meaningful audience engagement?
3) Innovating with Style
Museums constantly need to innovate and experiment in order to remain relevant. Museums look to the realm of fashion and design for inspiration and vision. What role can design play in shaping the way we think about exhibitions and museum experiences? What are some new ideas and emerging trends in fashion, restaurants, retail, theater etc. that inspire exhibitions, communications, design and visitor experience in museums?

The 2016 ICEE Annual Conference will accept proposals in the following formats:

a.	Paper-20 minute presentation relating to one of the key conference themes. (Please note that papers will be considered individually and may be asked to present alongside another proposed paper to form a conference panel at the discretion of the ICEE)
b.	Case Study-20 minute presentation focused on an actual situation or particular project, development, implementation and outcomes, as well as key learnings.

Priority will be given to proposals that are relevant to the 3 key themes above, are clear, and confirm a commitment to present a thoughtful and engaging session.

Proposals must include the following information:

.        Contact Information-Name, Title, Institution, Address and Email
.        One-page concise summary of the proposed session including:

o   Proposed session title
o   Session format (paper or case study)
o   Identification of corresponding conference theme
o   Session description (no longer than 300 words)
o   Identification of key learning outcomes for conference participants (What will participants take away from your session?)

Please submit your proposals no later than March 30 2016, to [log in to unmask]

Please note that the ICEE is unable to provide session speakers with travel funds, honorariums or allowances.

Questions? Please contact Antonio Rodriguez at [log in to unmask] or Anne-Marie Raymond at [log in to unmask] or Marlies Kleiterp at [log in to unmask]