ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From:
"C. BONOMI" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 18 Jul 2005 19:52:28 +0200
Dear ICOM-L subscribers,
As advanced during the Advisory Council meeting held in Paris last June, our
new website is ready, with all information having been migrated to the new
structure. Nonetheless, since there might be a number of hitches that might
have eluded us, we are presenting it as a link to the old website for a test
period of 21 days, during which our web master, Carla Bonomi,
[log in to unmask], will appreciate receiving any observations, comments,
suggestions that you might have to help us improve this updated version of
our internet communication tool. Please check
http://icom.museum/new/index.html
After August 15 ICOM’s home page will be the newly-designed one.
Thank you,
John S. Zvereff
Secretary General

In redesigning the ICOM web site we wanted to keep the original idea of
allowing good accessibility.
The ICOM site has been, therefore, re-designed to facilitate the
navigation and to become more user friendly. Nonetheless, we refrained from
making use of any plug-ins, maintaining a certain simplicity and possibly a
certain rapidity in
downloading. We tried to improve the look of the site, while limiting, as in
the old web site, the use of images.
The left navigation bar is divided into different setions, each dedicated to
an ICOM body and /or to a field of activity.
This same bar allows users to easily navigate the site, having almost all
information always at hand.
A Sort of "General Tool Box" (in orange) is available at the bottom of the
navigation bar.
We kept the Object-id, the Disaster Relief for Museums, and the Red Lists
Web Sites as satellite web sites with their special identity.
There is much more to discover!
We encourage you to navigate the entire web site and to report possible
errors.
The site is still on a "beta" (test) version and needs additional polishing,
which we will accomplish with your input and assistance.
I would like to thank Thibaud Defecques for his precious help in migrating
the site.
Carla Bonomi
Webmaster