ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From:
David Grattan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Oct 2003 10:43:53 -0400
We have looked at Bernice Murphy's definition within Canadian Conservation
Institute and we like it very much.

We think that it is a good definition because of its clarity of its vision
and also because of its essential truthfulness.

I would like to suggest that we try to avoid wordsmithing it as much as
possible so that the vision is maintained intact.

 Having said that we agree that addition of the word "research" is a
sensible modification which does not detract from the original concept.

David Grattan