ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

ICOM Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Sep 1997 09:15:42 -0700
Olav, Jennifer and others.  You will probably be pleased to know that ICTOP
has just finished a successful annual meeting in Berlin covering the topics
of management change and training for the use of multi-media;  proceeding
will be available through ICTOP.

Martin Segger
Chair, ICTOP

>Dear Olav Aaraas,
>
>The CIDOC Multimedia Working Group, of which I am Chair, spent its meetings
>in Nuremburg developing a set of criteria for the evaluation of heritage
>multimedia. A *very* draft version of these are available at:
>
>http://www.archimuse.com/cidoc/cidoc.mmwg.eval.crit.html
>
>They will soon be linked into the CIDOC web site.
>
>You might also want to look at the site for Museums and the Web - at
>http://www.archimuse.com/mw97. The proceedings for this conference and for
>the International Conference on Hypermedia and Interactivity in Museums
>(ICHIM) which was just held at Le Louvre are available from
>http://www.archimuse.com
>
>Museums and the Web 98, will take place in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, April
>22-26, 1998. See the Call for Papers at http://www.archimuse.com/mw98
>
>Best of Luck with your meeting.
>
>jt
>
>At 11:12 AM 22/9/97, Randi Gilberg wrote:
>>Enquiry regarding research/evaluation about multimedia system in museums.
>>
>>Maihaugen Museum  and Lillehammer College, (Lillehammer, Norway) in
>>collaboration with museums in Sweden, Denmark, Finland and Iceland will in
>>March 1998 arrange a Nordic conference.  The theme will be "Multimedia
>>Technology and the use of internet in museums"
>>The conference will take place at Maihaugen Museum, Lillehammer, Norway.
>>
>>Our enquiry: Has it been done any resach or evaluation in this field, we
>>will be very grateful if you can forward name on museums or person we can
>>get in tuouch with.
>>

>>Regards
>>Olav Aaraas
>>Director
>>Maihaugen Museum
>>2600 Lillehammer, Norway
>>
>>e-mail: [log in to unmask]
>>

>>Randi Gilberg
>>Manager
>>Maihaugen Museum
>>2600 Lillehammer, Norway
>>
>>e-mail: [log in to unmask]
>
>--------
>J. Trant                             [log in to unmask]
>Partner and Principal Consultant     www.archimuse.com
>Archives & Museum Informatics
>5501 Walnut St., Suite 203           ph. + 1-412-683-9775
>Pittsburgh, PA USA 15232             fax + 1-412-683-7366
>--------

Martin Segger, Director Maltwood Art Museum and Gallery/University Auditorium
University of Victoria, PO.Box 3025, Victoria, B.C., Canada V8W 3P2
Tel: (250) 721-8298 or (250)721-8298  e-mail:[log in to unmask]
Visit the Maltwood and ICOM/ICTOP website: URL: http://www.maltwood.uivic.ca