ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From:
Bernard BLACHE <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bernard BLACHE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Apr 2010 01:05:54 +0200
CIMUSET MEETING CHINA 2010

Dear colleagues,

I hope you will have the opportunity to take part in the next meeting of Cimuset, to be held in Shanghai and Shaoxing during the 22th general conference and 25th general assembly of ICOM from 7 to 12 of November 2010. The general theme of the conference “Museums for social harmony” are for all of us a very central topic concerning our role and place in society, and our responsability in intellectual developpment of our visitors (specially young ones).
I wait to see you in Shanghai for thrilling discussions.

Bernard Blache, Chair of Cimuset

General remark : to participate to the Cimuset meeting you have to be an ICOM member and to be registred in the general conference ICOM (please visit the sites www.icom2010.org.cn or www.icom.museum)

Theme of the meeting

“SCIENCE AND TECHNIQUES MUSEUMS FOR SOCIAL HARMONY”

Museums in the 21st Century are at the cross roads of major transformations in a sophisticated society.

Museums of Science and Techniques have a special role to play, they are not only giving general

elements of culture to a very large audience, but are also helping visitors to understand and enjoy our

environnement, and -essential goal- to prepare young people to be a part of a new world with new

discoveries, new jobs, new attitudes.

What kind of tools are we using? How people in our museums can help visitors? What about new

museum strategies? are some of the topics of the November's meeting.

Programme Cimuset

Sunday 7 November

(General conference programme)

Monday 8 November

(Morning : general conference programme)

14h30-17h30 : Meeting Lectures-Elections of the board
Visit of Science and Technology Shanghai Museum. Meeting with colleagues
(schedule to be confirmed)

Evening : departure to Shaoxing (bus*) hotel in Shaoxing**

Tuesday 9 November

All day Meeting Lectures in Shaoxing
18h : General Assembly
20h : Annual dinner *
Hotel in Shaoxing**

Wednesday 10 November

Morning : visit of museums in Shaoxing, discussion with colleagues on the new project***
Afternoon : on the way to Shanghai (bus*) visit of Hangzhou
Thursay 11 November
(Excursion of the general programme), we suggest for Cimuset members the excursion n°5 city of Suzhou (see general registration)

Friday 12 November
(General conference programme)

* bus and annual dinner : complimentary of our Chinese colleagues
** hotel in Shaoxing : to be reserved with your registration form, to be paid directly in Shaoxing
***new Shaoxing Science and Technology Museum is an important project of the 3-year construction plan from 2009—2011 of Shaoxing. The Museum, non-profit and a symbol of modernized new Shaoxing, mainly functions in scientific popularization exhibition, S&T education, science practice, academic communication and so on. The Museum has a floor area of 62.5 acres and a construction area of 25000 m² with a total investment of RMB 250 million Yuan.

Remark 1 : the registration for Cimuset is free of charge
Remark 2 : you have to book directly your hotel in Shanghai on the registration form for the general conference (please note you dont need hotel reservation in Shanghai on 8th and 9th November)
Remark 3 : many colleagues of Cimuset have reserved or intend to reserve in Shanghai in hotel Ramada South Pudong Shanghai

More informations on registration, call for papers, please mail to