ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From:
Eric Dorfman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jun 2015 08:14:14 +1200
The ICOM NATHIST conference will hosted by the Taiwan National Museum from the 19th to the 23rd of October 2015, with an optional pre-conference workshop on museums and wildlife trafficking on the 18th.

The theme of the conference is The Future of Natural History Museums: Building Our Future, following on from last year's popular theme exploring the topic broadly. This is a chance for natural history museum thinkers to address the practicalities of our future, and we invite papers on building collections, staffing capacity, audiences and partnerships. There will also be two engaging practical sessions and a poster session for general information about the activities of your museum.

We are delighted to have two esteemed keynote speakers with us:

Dr. Gerald Dick, Executive Director of the World Association of Zoos and Aquariums (WAZA) https://icomnathist.wordpress.com/2015/04/24/dr-gerald-dick-2015-keynote-speaker/Professor Wen-Hao Chou, Academic Deputy Director of the Taiwan National Museum of Natural Science https://icomnathist.wordpress.com/2015/06/01/professor-wen-hao-chou-2015-keynote-speaker/
The conference is not restricted to members of ICOM NATHIST. Please feel free to pass this on to colleagues who you think would be interested. The conference is in English and we are, unfortunately, not able to provide simultaneous translation.

Find out more about our host institution and city here: https://icomnathist.wordpress.com/2015/04/11/learn-more-about-taipei/

Registration and call for papers for the conference are now open. Please visit the ICOM NATHIST conference web page for details. https://icomnathist.wordpress.com/conference-2015/

We look forward to seeing you there.

Dr. Eric Dorfman