ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From:
Alissandra Cummins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 09:35:27 -0400
Dear Colleagues,

I must apologise for my delay in transmitting this message but
technology seems now to be the master of all of us and I was not
permitted access for several days.

. I now write on behalf of the Advisory Committee of ICOM to align
ourselves with the message of our President , Jacques Perot and express
our deepest regrets at the tragedy of human suffering experienced by the
citizens of Madrid, (indeed all of Spain) as a result of the recent
atrocities they have suffered at the hands of terrorists as they went
about their daily lives.

We have come to understand how vulnerable are our lives and livelihood
when faced by such terrible violations to the human spirit. Issues of
multiculturalism are about diversity in identity- respecting it,
regaining it and within the museum context, taking responsibility for
it's interpretation and appreciation.

Let me take this opportunity, on behalf of the members of the Advisory
Committee, to express our sorrow for all those victimized by such acts
and our continued solidarity with our colleagues in Spain.

Alissandra Cummins
Chairperson
ICOM Advisory Committee