ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From:
Nancy Hushion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 May 2003 13:28:58 -0400
Dear Martin

Congratulations to you and the Committee for the detailed work you have
done on behalf of the International Committees.  As you know, I had
intended to write you in more detail but time has not been cooperative.

I would therefore like to add a few small points in advance of the
discussions at our meeting on Tuesday.  The first is that I was
anticipating that the Committee would deal with broader issues than simply
the creation of new Committees.  You allude to a review process for all
those currently receiving assistance - this is something INTERCOM would
like to see more detail on.  Perhaps we can discuss it on
Tuesday?  Secondly, we are very concerned about the move to ask all IC's to
manage "non-voting" members, without reference to the secretariat.  perhaps
we have misunderstood?

Lastly, in some countries such as Canada, it is not possible to have a bank
account in the way the Committee has suggested.  Again, for further discussion.

Regards,

Nancy Hushion