ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From:
Brenda Weatherston <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brenda Weatherston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Aug 1998 21:36:16 +0200
I agree whole-heartedly with Jim's comments. For the purposes of
our Program and its participants, a resource such as this is
invaluable.  In fact, the pros and cons, bumps and obstacles it
faces on its road to "perfection" are also important learning
opportunities as well. Like others that have expressed their
opinions, I had no difficulty accessing the site, but I am
blessed with a high-speed university connection. As our Program
develops on-line resources, we are always faced with ensuring
that our sites are accessible and acceptable by our participants.

In my opinion, members of this list should commend ICOM's
efforts, and put the challenge to them to continue to consult and
test the site, in its efforts to make the rich resources
accessible and useable by the very individuals and organizations
that would benefit by it. This may mean different versions for
different users based on the speed of their connections.

Keep up the efforts -- these contributions are small steps
towards building an international learning community around
culture and heritage.

Brenda Weatherston

Brenda Weatherston, Program Coordinator
Cultural Resource Management Program
Division of Continuing Studies, University of Victoria
PO Box 3030 STN CSC
Victoria B.C. Canada V8W 3N6
Phone (250) 721-6119 Fax (250) 721-8774