ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From:
Lois Irvine <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lois Irvine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 11:59:16 -0700
The subject of Committee membership has now arisen and it has been pointed
out that it is of no use to be a non-voting member since one does not
receive anything in return unless the Committee continues to send
information to non-voting members.

I am in favour of expanding the possibilities for voting members and the use
of the internet but not to charge only those who do not have e-mail.  ICOM
could permit voting membership in more than one Committee (2?) for the basic
membership fee and also allow members to sign up for additional voting or
non-voting memberships for an additional fee.  I'm sure there are ways of
encouraging use of e-mail for those who have it.  My concern with the
mailing charge is that, once again, we favour those who have the resources
and charge more to those that don't.  I hope that we can feel comfortable as
individuals paying for additional committee memberships AND use our e-mail
to help keep down the costs.

Thanks

Lois Irvine