ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From:
Martin Schaerer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 06:55:05 -0400
Message from Michael Snodin, International Confederation of Architectural
Museums (25 April 2003)

Our Task Force on International Committees considered also the problems of
Affiliated Organizations, but only on those concerned with a specific
theme. We excluded (from our discussion) the geographically defined
Affiliated Organizations which are more linked with the work of the
National Committees Task Force. Concerning the two points mentioned in the
mail, the following reflexions can be made.

Creation of new organizations: Since they already exist when becoming
Affiliated Organizations of ICOM, the proposed rules cannot be fully
applied. Since regional organizations are not concerned (by our
propositions), there remains only the necessity to be really global. For
all details, the ICOM Statutes (art. 18) are applicable.

Meetings: For the exchange with International Committees and other
Affiliated Organizations as well as to offer the opportunity to the
participants of ICOM Triennial Meetings to become acquainted with all
bodies of ICOM, we insist on the necessity to organize a meeting in the
ICOM context. Such meetings can be small or informal but at least a
presence is required.

We hope that such conditions are acceptable for Affiliated Organizations.

Martin R.Schärer
Member of the Executive Council
Coordinator of ICTF