ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Mon, 24 Oct 2005 12:50:59 +0300
** NEW AFRICOM WEB SITE LAUNCHED **

AFRICOM is very pleased to announce that its web site has been
completely reconstructed and redesigned!

Visit:

http://www.africom.museum

The new site has been designed to not only be attractive, and easy to
navigate, but also to be up-to-date and informative! The English and
French versions each contain hundreds pages of information on:

* AFRICOM, its organisation and its activities
* News from partner organisations, like WAMP, EPA, PMDA, RITP, ICOM
and others...
* Heritage news from around Africa and beyond
* Resources (download AFRICOM publications - and we hope to make even
more resources accessible online!)
* African country information and information on Museums in Africa
* Membership information and an interactive Membership map
* Heritage in Peril: information on international conventions and
illicit traffic
* Useful links within the Africanist heritage sector

We are grateful for your patience as we continue working on some
sections, such as the Events Gallery and the Search function.

Meanwhile, we take this opportunity to elaborate on two important
sections of the web site:

1. AFRICOM's Directory of Museum Professionals will soon be available
on-line, and members will have access to their personal information
to update their records regularly. We hope that this important tool
will increase international access to African museum professionals
and encourage the sharing of the wealth of expertise on the continent.

2. The 'Museums in Africa' section is YOUR forum! AFRICOM appreciates
that many museums in Africa may not have either the human or
financial resources to construct and host their own web sites.
AFRICOM depends on its members to keep us informed of museums in
their countries, and to send in text and photos of their museums so
that AFRICOM may create web pages for them! If your museum has a
website, please send us the URL so that we may link to it. Please
don't miss out on this opportunity to share your heritage with the
world!

We encourage you to visit the site regularly, and we look forward to
receiving your news and views either through our Feedback Form, or
via email to <[log in to unmask]>

The web site reconstruction was made possible through AFRICOM's
institutional funding by the Swedish International Development
Cooperation Agency (Sida):
THANK YOU * MERCI * OBRIGADO * SHUKRAN * TAK !

--

Ms Lorna L. Abungu
Executive Director

tel. 254-20-3748668