ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From:
Ann Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 27 Nov 2003 14:53:00 +0800
Dear Colleagues

Like so many, I have been fascinated with the discussions about a revised museum
definition.  I think the progress has been wonderful, but, like Bernice and others,
I am concerned that we have a short, well written definition.  To this end, I
propose a few, small changes:

Museums are permanent institutions that serve society by promoting knowledge,
appreciation and conservation of the natural , cultural and scientiic world through
the collections, memories, sites and processes they care for, research, and
interpret for public benefit.

Ann Davis