ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Sat, 14 Dec 2002 07:35:12 +0000
I agree very much with Giovanni Pinna's two points below (and the earlier
implied criticism from Per Rekdal).

It is a long-established rule that every ICOM International Committee
should meet during each triennial General Conference. This is not only so
that the Committee's officers and members can participate in the work of
the General Conference (including the Advisory Committee meetings and
elections), but also - and not least - so that all other ICOM members
attending the General Conference (which always include many new ICOM
members attending their first ICOM meeting of any kind) can find out about
about our International Committees. (I know that a high proportion of new
International Committee members are recruited during General Conferences in
this way.)

It seems particularly unfortunate that DEMHIST proposes to hold its
proposed 2004 Berlin meeting "in the autumn" - with the possibility of a
direct clash of dates with the Autumn 2004 General Conference in Seoul,
South Korea.

Patrick Boylan