ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From:
Jorunn Haakestad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 2010 14:10:45 +0200
-----Opprinnelig melding-----
Fra: International Council of Museums Discussion List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] På vegne av Chair ICOM Europe
Sendt: 15. april 2010 15:26
Til: [log in to unmask]
Emne: prolonged hand in date for applications for ICOM Museum Tour and
Conference

ICOM EuropeTour and Conference 2010
Topic:Respecting Cultural Heritage for Our Common Future
Time:  October 30 to November 5, 2010
Locationsin China:  Xi'an, Luoyang, Kaifeng (3Ancient Capitals) and
Zhengzhou
InCooperation with ICOM China and ICOM Germany

The ICOMEurope Tour and Conference 2010 will take place in China from
October 30 toNovember 5, 2010 and intends to foster the dialogue between
European andChinese museums on the topic of 'Respecting Cultural Heritage
for Our CommonFuture'. It is our great pleasure to organize this tour in
cooperation withICOM China on the occasion of the General Conference of ICOM
in Shanghai (Nov.7 to Nov. 12)  and together with thedistinctive
institutions of Cultural Heritage in the Chinese provinces of Shaanxiand
Henan. The tour and conference is also being supported by ICOM Germany
andthe program of the German Foreign Ministry "China and Germany - In
Actiontogether". Museums play an important role in communicating the respect
forcultural heritage in the process of global modernization and
urbanization.Therefore examples of good practice by Chinese and European
museums will bepresented and discussed.

EuropeanICOM members, who wish to apply for the tour and conference are
asked to handin a one-page paper and a series of photographies (max. 5)
about their museumor a relevant museum project that they wish to present at
the conference by May15, 2010. (Format: Power-Point as PDF) The participants
should present a broadvariety of highly qualified museums from different
European countries. Adetailed program is available on our website. The
registration fee is 150Euros. The expenses for the tour will be
approximately 500 Euros, including theflights from Peking to Xi'an and from
Zhengzhou to Shanghai. All flightreservations will be made on an individual
basis. Ground transportation (bus)and hotel reservations are being provided
by our local partners. Two travelgrants for European ICOM-members under 35
are available. Please send yourapplications together with a short 6-line CV
to:
chair@icom-eu=