ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From:
Jacques Perot <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Oct 2003 14:26:08 +0200
Dear Geoffrey,
your approach of the definition of museums is very interesting and clear
and an excellent base for discussion.
I was going to suggest, reading Gary's definition, that if we want to
define the museum with one of its missions,
for instance education, we miss other types of missions and we place the
museum as one of the educational
institutions without stressing enough its essence, missions and role.
Jacques Perot