ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From:
Carla BONOMI <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Mar 2016 12:10:45 +0000
INTERCOM – FIHRM 2016:
The ethical museum

CALL FOR PAPERS
4-6 July 2016
Milan, Italy
Held during the ICOM 2016 General Conference on Museums and Cultural Landscapes

INTERCOM (ICOM Committee for Museum Management) and the Federation of International Human Rights Museums (FIHRM, ICOM Affiliated Organisation) are once again joining forces in 2016 to hold a meeting on current thinking in museum ethics under the overall ICOM conference theme of Museums and Cultural Landscapes.
The INTERCOM and FIHRM session will consider the political, social and economic landscapes of museums and the ethical challenges that these might pose. We will look at current museum thinking in managing the external environment and consider international case studies concerned with ethical dilemmas such as sponsorship, illicit trafficking, migration, and human rights.
What are the implications for managing museums successfully? What obligation does the museum have to its governing body? And to the public? How can a museum code of ethics support museums to resolve some of these conflicts?
Call for Papers
Together INTERCOM and FIHRM  would like to invite you to submit a proposal to speak at the session. We wish to look at recent and current examples of progressive work in museums or related organizations. You can submit proposals for case studies, research papers, under any of the above themes. Proposals should be no more than 300 words. In addition, you are asked to submit a short biography of about 150-200 words.
All papers must be in English.
Deadline: 29 April 2016
Please send your proposal by email to Berit Fruelund Kjærside, INTERCOM Secretary [log in to unmask] or Françoise McClafferty, FIHRM Coordinator, [log in to unmask]

www.intercom.museum 					www.fihrm.org

Draft programme
Saturday 3 July
17.00-18.00
INTERCOM Board Meeting - INTERCOM

Sunday 4 July
ICOM 2015 Sessions

Monday 4 July
14.00-18.00
INTERCOM SYMPOSIUM
Four hour symposium addressing new theoretical trends and how they influence museum management in present and future museum. The format is 15 minutes keynotes from a range of diverse and progressive researchers and managers which we have asked, based on their research and practice to respond and elaborate on current potentials and challenges in museums and cultural landscapes. We have asked a range of outstanding INTERCOM members to be opponents to our exclusive group of keynote speakers to open a productive and inclusive dialogue between the speakers, opponents and participants in the symposium - INTERCOM  Ida

Tuesday 5 July
INTERCOM – FIHRM The ethical museum

AM
Session 1  - INTERCOM-FIHRM
13.30 Welcomes and Greetings  (ICOM Austria, Danielle Spera / ICOM Italy/ ICOM 2016, Alberto Garlandini / DG ICOM, Anne-Catherine Hauglustaine-Robert / President ICOM, Hans-Martin Hinz)
13.50  ICOM 70 Years Jubilee Lecture, Bernice Murphy
14:20  Stephen E. Weil Memorial Lecture 2016, Suay Aksoy
14:50  Wrap up + Discussion, David Fleming
15:00
 End of ICOM Memorial Lectures 2016
Organised by Hadwig Krautler

Wednesday 6 July