ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From:
John McAvity <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 10:43:26 -0400
The Canadian Museums Association supports this suggestion by our US counterparts.

We would also like to propose that the dates for International Museums Day be moved to mid June, as the vast majority of our small museums are seasonal operations and are not yet open on May 18th.    Mid June would ensure a much greater participation in our country and I suspect others too. Further these smaller museums will also be very supportive of the proposed theme on Building Communities.

I will be attending the Advisory Meeting in Paris and look forward to discussing this with you.

John G. McAvity
Executive Director
Canadian Museums Association