ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From:
Amareswar Galla <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 11 Aug 2003 23:16:25 +1000
Dear Per,

I have had the same experience several times. In fact, several such
requests were made in the lead up to the ICOM ASPAC meeting in Shanghai
last year.

I did a similar check and found that they were organisations without a
base. What is even more disturbing is that they seem to read the minutes
of our meetings - AC and EC and follow up from the notes with requests for
letters of invitation.

Almost all the e-mails have come from Nigeria. I do not waste time on
these mails any more.

Thanks for sharing this. I wonder how many others have met with this
irritation.

But my apologies to my Nigerian colleagues. I suggest that one way to deal
with this probelm is to refer all such requests to ICOM Nigeria for follow
up or comment.

Amar