ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From:
Carla BONOMI <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Apr 2015 10:29:37 +0000
Dear ICOM colleagues,

I am turning to you to ask for your kind help in a couple of questions.

The National Board of Antiquities in Finland has developed some ten years ago an assessment model (based in Common Assessment Framework / CAF-model) for the use of the museums in Finland. The purpose of the evaluation model is to support the development work in the museums to improve their performance, and it consists of two parts: self evaluation and external evaluation.
We are currently developing the model to match it with the present day needs and occurred changes in the operative environment.

To understand better where the global museum community is currently going in relation to assessment and evaluation activities, we would appreciate greatly your help in answering the following questions:

1. Are there any assessment / evaluation tools or models specifically developed or adapted for the use of museums in your country?
Please notify, that our focus is in the quality management, not in accreditation or registration purposes.

If yes,  please give, if possible, a link to any additional information.

2. Are there any common tools or development models supporting the museums in your country to increase their impact on the society and to develop their strategies?
If yes, please give, if possible, a link to any additional information.

3. Are there any recent reviews about the future trends concerning the museum sector in your country
If yes, please give, if possible, a link to additional information.

4. Is there an existing national museum policy in your country?
If yes, please give, if possible,  a link to additional information.

Please send your answers to my colleague, ms Eeva Teräsvirta,  [log in to unmask]  or directly to me before April, 24.

We will share the results of our inquiry with all who answered us.

Thanking you warmly for your time and help already in advance!

With very best wishes to all,
Carina

Carina Jaatinen
ICOM/ICEE, Chairperson

Deputy Director of Development (until 31 May, 2105)
National Board of Antiquties
Finland