ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From:
Per Rekdal <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ICOM Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2000 17:10:57 +0200
Josephine Thang'wa of the National Museums of Kenya asked for an opening in
ICOM also for younger professionals and David Elliot answered:

>I couldn't agree more with you. We are trying to attract younger member to
>CIMAM.

I agree too, and I can't help noticing that my old friends in ICME are
indeed exactly that: old. Or at least not young. Could you David - or
someone else - give us ideas about how to attract younger members into
active participation in ICOM? Of course older professionals have both more
solid personal economies and better access to funds. But is every problem
or solution connected to money? Are there other ways? I think this is a
challenge that concerns many of us.

Per B. Rekdal
ICME chairperson