ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From:
Bernice Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 18:09:56 +1000
Dear colleagues,

I forward to you the URL of a site that contains further information about
the looting of museums in Iraq.

>http://cctr.umkc.edu/user/fdeblauwe/iraq.html

We all continue to do what we can around the world to raise awareness about
illicit traffic and the likely fate of museum collection objects unless a
concerted effort can be made to inhibit their trade.  That seems to be one
of the most urgent points of focus, while we take other actions to assist
our colleagues in their distress and do something about the terrible
situation for museums and others concerned with knowledge, historical
archives and the cultural heritage people in Iraq.

Bernice Murphy