ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From:
Richard Doty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 2003 09:55:45 -0500
I agree, especially concerning the question of expenses.  As it is, I'm
paying to attend ICOMON meetings out of my own pocket, and I could not
afford to do so with a second tier, for ICOM itself.  -R. G. Doty,
President, ICOMON

>>> [log in to unmask] 04/03/03 09:45AM >>>
Dear Mr Wik

Thank you for your response to Mr Pinna's email. I have indeed been sent
details of the nomination process, which has been well advertised.
However,
I cannot find anywhere further details of what the job of a member of the
Executive Committee consists of, how many meetings they attend, etc. If I
am to try to help find a suitable nominee from, say, the UK, it would be
helpful to have these details. Also, the question of expenses is
important.
If a nominee is retired,  and they have no institution to give support,
does ICOM pay expenses for an EC member?

Regards

Nick Merriman

Chair,
ICOM UK Executive Board