Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2000 11:28:00 -0800
Please excuse cross-postings.

In an effort to evaluate and make some changes to our gallery teacher
program (part-time paid interpreters) here at the San Jose Museum of Art, in
California, I have the following questions:

1. For those of you out there who have paid gallery interpreters  for school
programs (such as  tour guides, lecturers, explainers, etc.), are they
part-time or full-time? What are the advantages and disadvantages of either?

2. What is the starting wage?

3. How long is the training? How often is professional development offered
(other than exhibition training)?

Thank you for your time!!

Val DeLang
Museum Educator for School and Teacher Programs
San Jose Museum of Art
110 South Market Street,
San Jose, CA 95113-2383
phone: (408)291-5373
fax: (408)288-6588
e-mail: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
<http://www.sjmusart.org>