From:
JANNA C KIMEL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 1999 19:20:31 -0600
I must say, having just decided to visit 2 schools and look at master's
degree program in museum studies, the current line of discussion has given
me pause. However, I do agree that if you like what you do, you can be
content. That is, if someone will hire you to do it!

 Several weeks back, someone commented that it is difficult to volunteer
while working. I've managed to find a 4 day a week job as an administrative
asst. which pays a living wage. On the fifth day, when I used to run a home
based business, I now plan to volunteer at a museum that is on the top of my
list of places to work. I can discern if the field is really for me, and get
a leg up on those volunteer hours on my resume -- and still put food on the
table. Perhaps, those struggling with this issue may be able to find similar
situations, since employers seem to be very flexible lately if they find the
right worker. Thank you all -- both employed and seeking for your frankness
and vast amount of search information.

Janna Kimel

Museum-L" (without the quotes).