From:
John Martinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 13:17:04 EST
"Moreover, people who work in museums are almost by definition not primarily
interested in money."

I hope you are not speaking for everyone, because I believe a majority of
people (my humble opinion of course) would like to have better pay and
rewards for their work in museums, especially those who obtain higher degree
levels.  But as we
know, the museum field does not have such pleasure ~~ so we work with a
desire that things will get better financially for our respective
organizations and hope that a few pennies or dime raises will come our way.

Compared to some fields with our individual education levels, experiences,
etc., we work dirt cheap for what we do and underpaid for what many museum
employees have in their resume.  Yes, there are nonprofit organizations,
corporation, private foundations, etc., that one could possibly look into to
have some form of higher compensation, if one wishes to pursue the avenue of
higher salaries.   For example, we are multitalented people working in
museums and options are available closely related to our career field outside
the museum world.  Best, John Martinson, Curator of Collections, This Is The
Place Heritage Park.

Museum-L" (without the quotes).