Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
BWEATHERSTON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 21:59:35 -0800
MUSEUMS IN THE MARKETPLACE
March 6-11 with Pamela Johnson
Offered through the Cultural Resource Management Program, University of
Victoria

We're very pleased to have Pamela Johnson return to Victoria once again to
offer this course for museum and cultural heritage professionals, which
focuses on the critical areas of marketing and public relations. Please let
us know if you would like further information or registration materials!

Course Description

To be successful in the crowded education and entertainment marketplaces,
museums need strong marketing and public relations strategies, grounded in a
clear commitment to mission, community and collections.
This course emphasizes the central role of public relations and marketing in
contemporary museums, and focuses on processes that are vital to effective
communication with audiences.
You develop your ability to:
*       relate institutional mission and goals to community needs
*       define audiences
*       create public relations, communications and marketing strategies
*       develop tools to convey institutional and program messages
*       design publications to communicate and reinforce image and programs
*       work with media, sponsors and community
*       balance marketing with development activity
*       manage crisis
Instructor: Pamela Johnson has extensive marketing and management experience
in the museum world, and works as a consultant,
specializing in marketing, program development and public relations for arts
and cultural organizations
Dates: March 6-11, with a preparatory assignment
Please register by: February 10
Fee: $589 (Canadian funds, credit/non-credit)
Travel: Victoria is easily accessible from Seattle and Vancouver
Accommodation: Program staff are pleased to provide information on local
B&B, hotel, and on-campus options

Comments from past participants:
"My confidence level has really increased-this benefits all aspects of my
job."
"My knowledge is increased and the course was taught in such a way that I
feel I can effectively apply my new skills on the job."
"Pamela Johnson is incredible-her teachings were very practical and useful.
I can't say enough good things!"

For more information, please contact:

Joy Davis, Program Director
Cultural Resource Management Program
Division of Continuing Studies, University of Victoria
Phone 250-721-8462
FAX 250-721-8774
E-mail  [log in to unmask]
Visit our website! www.uvcs.uvic.ca/crmp
To receive e-mail updates, please e-mail [log in to unmask]