From:
"J. Trant" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Nov 1999 15:25:53 -0500
The Art Museum Image Consortium
Positions Available

Are you interested in helping enable the educational use of museum
multimedia? Would you like to work with a multi-institution
consortia, that's shaping the way museum information is delivered
online?

AMICO is building our staff, as we develop the AMICO Library and
create new services for our members.  We're looking for dynamic,
self-directed professionals who'll implement areas of AMICO's program.

We now have positions available for:

AMICO Library Editor
--------------------
        We're looking for a talented and experienced person
        to be responsible for:

        - the application of data standards to the compiled AMICO Library
        - the identification and implementation of best practices in
         the documentation of cultural artifacts, and
        -  the coordination of the development of the AMICO Library.

         See the Full Job Description and Application Information
         at http://www.amico.org/jobs.html

Library Interns
---------------
        Are you looking for a way to get hands on experience in the
arts and technology? AMICO has a number of internships available. See
the job description online at http://www.amico.org/jobs.html

To Apply
---------
        See the job descriptions at http://www.amico.org/jobs.html
        for full details and application information.

About AMICO
------------

AMICO is an independent, not-for-profit membership association of
institutions with collections of art. Incorporated in June of 1998,
AMICO is an innovative collaboration, not seen before in museums,
that shares, shapes and standardizes information regarding cultural
collections and enables its educational use.

The AMICO Library is a multimedia archive compiled by the Art Museum
Image Consortium, and distributed, under license for educational use.
AMICO Members contribute digital documentation to the AMICO Library.
AMICO partners with not-for-profit distributors, to make the AMICO
Library available over secure networks to institutional subscribers,
including universities, colleges, libraries, schools and museums.
Designated users include faculty, students, teachers, staff and
researchers.

AMICO's offices are located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

See http://www.amico.org for full background information.
________
J. Trant                        2008 Murray Ave, Suite D
Executive Director              Pittsburgh, PA 15217 USA
Art Museum Image Consortium
http://www.amico.org            Phone: +1 412 422 8533
[log in to unmask]                Fax: +1 412 422 8594
________

Museum-L" (without the quotes).