From:
"Elizabeth A. Moore" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 13:49:46 -0400
Check with the North Carolina state museum of natural history.  They had a
neat marketing tool when they were conducting their capital campaign.  I
don't know if it used a GIS system or just an advance graphics package.
They had a map of the state with the counties outlined.  You could use the
mouse to select any county and see neat things in their collection from that
county or see interesting research tidbits that their research division was
conducting for the county.  I thought that it was very effective in
impressing upon viewers that the museum was relevant to all state occupants,
not just those living close to the museum.

Dr. Elizabeth A. Moore, Curator
Virginia Museum of Natural History
1001 Douglas Avenue
Martinsville, VA  24112