From:
Rebernik KEG <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 1999 09:37:19 +0200
We did the same thing as Vincent Lyon from Boston says: We are working on an
exhibition about a great road built across the Alps in 1930 - 1935.
We show a table with different goods (in Austria):
Milk: 18 times more money 1932 and a fourth of work now: from 32 min. down
to 8 minutes working per litre
Beef: 33,6 times more money then, but only half the working time
Contrast: rent: 250 times more money TODAY and 3,6 more working time TODAY!
then bread, cigarette, railroad from Vienna to Salzburg etc.
and their value in Schillings, but also, how long a pavement-worker had to
work for it then and now.
These differences show also the different value and behaviour of these
times.
Of course, we also give the difference of the consumer-basket as calculated
by the official department of statistics.

 | PHAROS International - Bureau for Cultural Projects
 | Peter Rebernik, Dipl.-Ing.
 | Anton Baumgartner-Str. 44/C2/3/2
 | A - 1230 Wien / AUSTRIA
 | Tel.:  (+43 1) 667 7375
 | Fax:  (+43 1) 667 2984
 | Mobiltel.: (+43 664) 230 2767
 | Email: [log in to unmask] / Web: www.rebernik.at
This mail is a natural product.  The slight variations in spelling and
grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to
be considered flaws or defects.