Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Melissa A Washburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 08:22:56 -0500
One more thing I need to add to this discussion: In reference to the
museum's mission and the issue of excluding minors, it was my
understanding that they were prohibiting only unaccompanied minors in the
institution.  They were putting the ball in the hands of parents as to
whether or not they felt the material was appropriate for their children.
I don't really see the problem with that.
        This morning I heard that the museum has filed a lawsuit with the
city, and Giuliani has stated that if he loses, he will take them to court
on a lease violation for charging admission, which was not in the lease
provision (or something to that effect).  Um, abuse of process anyone?
Giuliani seems to want to turn this into a pissing contest, which again
makes me question his motives for the whole action.
        I am really enjoying the thread on this topic; it is nice to see
some very intelligent discussion (on BOTH sides, I might add) on a
difficult issue.

        *** Melissa Washburn ***
         Promotions Coordinator
    IU Office of Musical Attractions