From:
Andie Reid <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Sep 1999 18:43:44 -0400
As an outsider, I would like to address this attachment situation.

I am not a museum professional - my husband is. His primitive museum is not online, so I download his business emails for him. I am a computer consultant and use this computer for business purposes. My time IS money, quite literally, and I spend most of the day sending attachments and
downloading them. I must tell you that despite the fact that I had to "tie up" my computer downloading an email attachment that was certainly of no use to me, I did not resent it at all. Other people have need of that information, and it is not a problem for me to wait a couple of minutes to
get back to what I'm doing.

I have to wonder at the lack of perspective of someone who would address an insignificant situation with such an ugly tone. It speaks of an inability to consider others' feelings, as well as a complete lack of professionality. I have worked with a lot of people in my profession, and I have
never come across anyone (even in the corporate world) quite as rude. I would like to think that there is room for mistakes in our world, and that sometimes we all need to be a little more gracious in expressing our dissatisfaction with events. Personally, I think that an apology is due to the
original sender.

Sincerely,
Andrea P. Reid

Museum-L" (without the quotes).