From:
Allan Mccollum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Sep 1999 19:56:16 EDT
Erica,

Thousands of minutes? Hmmm. That would be at least 2000 minutes, since it's
been stated in the plural, which means that my attachment took a minimum or
33 1/3 hours for Mr. Friedman to download? Or maybe he means it wasted 1999
people 10 minutes each, which would equal over 333 hours spent downloading,
which is truly LOTS and LOTS of minutes?

This idiotically exagerated thread of criticisim is starting to make me
miserable! I get the idea! PLEASE STOP!!!!!

Allan
------------------------------------
In a message dated 9/19/99 7:34:33 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

>Mark wrote:
>I enjoy reading this newsgroup daily, but it angers me when I think of the
>thousands of minutes wasted on that download to all the busy people on
>this list.
>
>Mark, I could not agree more!
>
>Additionally, I dislike when people simply hit a reply button and do not
>erase the message they are answering -- thus causing very long downloads of
>duplicated messages and redundant information.
>Time is precious, and it would be appreciated if everyone respected that.
>
>Erica Nash

Museum-L" (without the quotes).