From:
Ann Molineux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 1999 17:19:40 -0500
Does anyone know if there is a standard color scheme for specimen tray labels?

In the process of upgrading our collection we are producing new labels for
each separate numbered specimen.
We are including a method of color coding labels to flag why specimens are
not in their expected position, or to indicate why they have been removed,
perhaps because they reside in the Type collection, Oversize collection,
Taxonomic sub-collection, On loan etc. For example, a Type specimen is
represented in the main collection with a pink label in an empty tray,
while the actual specimen is in a separate Type collection with our regular
white label.
We are standardizing as much as possible with other collections and would
like to know if there is a consensus on which colors should be used for
particular designations.
Thank you
ann
Ann Molineux, Collections Manager       [log in to unmask]
Texas Memorial Museum           Phone: (512) 232-5384
Dept of Geological Sciences             Phone: (512) 471-4542
University of Texas                     Fax: (512) 471-5973
Austin, TX 78712

Museum-L" (without the quotes).