From:
Matthew White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 11:34:31 -0400
Hello,

Myself and a few other peple from both the Baltimore History Alliance and
the Frederick Historic Sites Consortium are planning a session on History
Consortia for the AASLH confernece in Baltimore in the Fall.  Although we
think we represent two different types of organizations from two different
geographic regions, we would like to discuss other areas and what they do.
I was hoping that there may be people out there (anywhere in the world) who
have experience, negative and positive, with forming and/or working with
history consortia and would be willing to share them with me.  We are
especially interested in hearing about projects that were either raging
failures or raging successes and why.  If you have an experience to share,
please include a little background on what type of region you are in, what
type of institutions are involved, and your basic structure. I was thinking
about designing a questionairre, but I was already online.  If there is
enough interest I will design one and send it out.

If you respond, you might want to do so off list unless you feel others
would like to eavesdrop.  If you do not wish to respond, I was hoping those
of you involved might want to share any publications, like brochures or
fliers, your consortium may have produced.  You can send it to me at the
address below or fax it.

Thanks in advance for all of your help.

Matthew White
Director of Education