From:
Colin Stevens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 09:31:21 -0700
Burnaby Village Museum uses replica early-1920s costumes, and one supplier
of patterns etc. that our Costume Co-ordinator uses is AMAZON VINEGAR AND
PICKLING WORKS of Davenport, Iowa, USA "Purveyor of Items for the 19th
Century Impression".    Catalogues prices shown are from 1998 Feb:
1. Patterns from the Past ($5 US  & postage)
2. Dry Goods General Catalogue &$2 US & postage)
3. Shoes and Boots ($5 US & postage) (custom made from pre-historic designs
to 1960s high boots in case you are costuming staff at the "Austin Powers,
Secret Agent, Historic House")

AMAZON VINEGAR AND PICKLING WORKS
2218 E. 11th St.,
Davenport, IA, 52803, USA

Tel:                                                 1 (319) 322-6800
FAX:                                              1 (319) 322-4003
Consultation line (New feature): 1(319) 322-4138
Orders only:                                  1 (800) 798-7979

As with any supplier of replica patterns and goods, you should do some of
your own homework. Costume dealers cater to museums, re-enactors, halloween
costume users etc. Some items may be exact, and others may be modified for
ease of wear and/or manufacture.

Colin Macgregor Stevens
Museum Curator
Burnaby Village Museum
6501 Deer Lake Avenue
Burnaby,  BC, V5G 3T6,  CANADA
Phone: (604) 293-6500  FAX: (604) 293-6525
Business e-mail: [log in to unmask]
Museum Webpage:
http://www.burnabyparksrec.org/villagemuseum/villagemuseum.html
Personal e-mail: [log in to unmask]  Personal living history website:
http://bcoy1cpb.pacdat.net