From:
"Brenner, Diane" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 May 1999 17:57:20 -0800
The State of Alaska hired  the State Archaeologist (who is also an artist)
to replicate petroglyphs that are being damaged by rubbing -- they installed
a boardwalk and made the replications very accessible to the boardwalk.  The
originals are tough to get to, but you can SEE them from the walkway.  We'll
see if that helps with rock art conservation.

Diane Brenner, Museum Archivist
Anchorage Museum of History and Art
121 West Seventh Avenue
Anchorage, AK 99501