Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 12:34:10 -0400
Hello,

Instead of using those awful (and somewhat creepy) styrofoam heads, many hat
stores now use wire bracket-like devices to display their hats.  They pretty
much consist of a round metal circle attached to a free-standing base.  I've
seen some with decorative bases, and I've also come across some that can be
adjusted to the size of width of the hat and/or its brim.  Almost all of them
that I've seen are also constructed with hinges so that one may tilt the hat
to its proper position.  If you are unable to find these mounting brackets
through a local hat store or distributor, see if there is a comic book shop in
your area that deals with collectible toys.  They also usually market a
similar type of "invisible" mounting stand, usually made of clear plastic or
metal wire.

Tiffany McCarthy

>>Hi to all...
>>
>>I am working on a clothing exhibit and I need a creative (and cheap!)
>>way to exhibit a few hats.  They are the kind that sit on the back of
>>the head, with a ribbon tied under the chin and a large ostich feather
>>plume on top.  We also have some that sit on the top of the head with
>>brims.  I would like to avoid using heads in a case -- we don't have
>>any, and I don't particularly like how that looks.
>>
>>We are limited on time and money, so I need something simple and quick.
>> Any suggestions?
>>
>>Kimberly Beach
>>Curator
>>Historical Society of Rockland County

>>=========================================================
>>Important Subscriber Information:
>>
>>The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
>>http://museums.state.nm.us/nmmnh/museum-l.html. You may obtain detailed
>>information about the listserv commands by sending a one line e-mail
>>message to [log in to unmask] The body of the message should
>>read "help" (without the quotes).
>>
>>If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to
>>[log in to unmask] The body of the message should read "Signoff
>>Museum-L" (without the quotes).

>Important Subscriber Information:
>
>The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
http://museums.state.nm.us/nmmnh/museum-l.html. You may obtain detailed
to [log in to unmask] The body of the message should
>read "help" (without the quotes).

>[log in to unmask] The body of the message should read "Signoff
>Museum-L" (without the quotes).

Museum-L" (without the quotes).