From:
"Scott, William P" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Aug 1999 10:09:23 -0500
I will be leaving the Mathers Museum in September, to move to California (to
be nearer to my family--my mother is the Registrar at the San Diego Center
for the Arts, Escondido, Art Museum).  I'm not certain where I'll be
employed out there yet (any ideas are welcome), but I'm looking for
something in the field--so I should be back on the list after a brief
absence in September.

My move also means that there will be an opening at Mathers.  Please see the
information below.

Cheers,

Will Scott

> Registrar
> PA11
> William Hammond Mathers Museum                                        (.50
> FTE)
>
> NOTE:  This position is half time.  The William Hammond Mathers Museum,
> Indiana University, is seeking a Registrar to supervise the documentation
> of the Mathers Museum collections.  The Registrar will coordinate all
> legal agreements pertaining to collections; supervise the
> cataloguing/recataloguing of collections, research and record
> documentation, and coordinate loans.  The Registrar will also coordinate
> records and procedures for manual and computerized documentation systems,
> and supervise the maintenance of these systems as well as support
> personnel and practicum students. Qualifications: B.A. in Anthropology,
> Folklore, History, or related field; previous museum experience in a
> position with responsibilities related to registration, collections
> management or record-keeping; knowledge of Word/Wordperfect, FileMaker
> Pro, and/or Access.  Salary range:  $11,434-12,000, depending on
> experience.  Deadline for applications is August 20, 1999.  Please send
> letter of application, c.v., and names of three references to Human
> Resources Management, Indiana University, 400 East Seventh Street,
> Bloomington, IN  47405.  An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer

Museum-L" (without the quotes).