From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Aug 1999 17:09:50 -0700
There has been a goodly amount of discourse of late about accommodating
the needs of the disabled in Museums.  In a parallel universe <grin>, I
spend a good little bit of time involved in issues of the Americans
with Disabilities Act.

One of our blind and physically disabled listmates put together a
checklist to be used.  He wanted to disseminate it to the group, but
someone wanted it in web site form.

I volunteered and put up a plain brown wrapper version.  The only thing
missing, regrettably, is the Bobby coding that would allow it to be
read in a blind reader (haven't yet figured it out).

In any event, that page is now up, and he has given me permission to
spread the info around.  I recommend each take a look.  It's a real
eye-opener in terms of what many of the "able bodied" of us take for
granted and what needs still need to be accommodated.

Check it out at:

http://victorian.fortunecity.com/stanmer/414/law/survey.html

I suggest each facility print it out and use it as a means of looking
"with a pure heart" to see if their facility is where it needs to be.

There may be additions to this form in the future.  If yes, I'll let
you know.

These are the things our disabled patrons will be looking for and may
be challenging you on.  Having this insight and being proactive may
save you some hassle.

===
Indigo Nights