Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 23 May 1999 21:03:36 -0500
Dear Susan,
We went through years of similar weather related false alarms with our
security system as well.  Although our system is contained in just one
building, your situation sounded all too familiar.  The problem stemmed
from fluctuating electricity due to storms located anywhere in our power
grid.  Finally, we had a several hundred $ universal power system (UPS)
hard wired to our alarm system.  It has worked wonderfully: our law
enforcement folks sleep through the night and the few alarms we do get are
legitimate in one way or another.  The system didn't even go off when we
got a lightening strike just next to the building - you know, the kind
where the hair on your neck prickles!  You may need one of these for each
out building, or one at your main system may be sufficient. Yes, it will be
expensive up front, but in the long run you'll be saving $$.

You must deal with it because after a while the security staff becomes a
bit jaded and perhaps doesn't answer as promptly as they should....  Good
luck.

Sarah Tuttle
Curator
Steamboat Bertrand Museum

----------
> From: Susan Young <[log in to unmask]>
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: alarm systems and their shortcomings
> Date: Thursday, May 20, 1999 7:29 PM
>
> Our alarm system (fire and intrusion) has its central panel located in
> our main museum building, with "satellite" alarms in our historic
> outbuildings working off this central panel.  To make a long story
> short, we continually have problems with false alarms originating in the
> outbuildings, especially during stormy weather, and the alarm
> technicians say that nothing can be done to fix this problem, because
> the root of it lies with the fact that our configuration requires a
> central alarm with satellite alarms in the outbuildings.
>
> Is there anyone out there who has a configuration similar to ours that
> is enjoying successful operation of their alarm system?  Our staff
> members are getting really tired of having to come to the museum at 2 am
> during a rain storm because the alarms are going off.
>
> Regards,
> Susan Young
> Shiloh Museum of Ozark History

> Important Subscriber Information:
>
> The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
http://museums.state.nm.us/nmmnh/museum-l.html. You may obtain detailed
message to [log in to unmask] The body of the message should read
"help" (without the quotes).

> [log in to unmask] The body of the message should read
"Signoff
> Museum-L" (without the quotes).

Museum-L" (without the quotes).