"Dillenburg, Eugene" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 3 May 1999 09:24:33 -0500
This is a post about the original subject, and not about the subject line.
(Although that thread was very interesting and instructive.)

There's a museum in Melbourne, Australia, which features life-size, very
realistic models of naked persons -- all ages, both sexes, and I believe
mostly of European heritage -- in their children's gallery.  The name of the
institution escapes me; perhaps the Royal Victorian Museum?  Maybe one of
our Australian colleagues can asist my faltering memory.  Anyway, I recall
no warning signage, I observed no snickering or other prurient activity from
the audience, and I seem to recall a staff member saying they had had very
few complaints.

Well, if we can figure out which Museum it is, perhaps the author of the
original query can get in touch with them and see how they handled nudity in
the exhibit.

Hope this helps!

Eugene Dillenburg
Lead Developer, Philippine Coral Reef Exhibit
John G. Shedd Aquarium
1200 S. Lake Shore Drive
Chicago, Ill.  60605

V) 312 / 692-3136
F) 312 / 939 - 8001
e) [log in to unmask]

"Rules of grammar which don't contribute to clarity can be thrown out with
the classroom chalk stubs." -- Heywood Hale Broun