From:
Donna Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 May 1999 20:25:00 -0700
There's a product called Goudy-O (I think that's the spelling) that's available
from archival supply houses. In effect, it's a wide double face tape and
acid-free.
For an exhibition we just mounted we wanted labels that would stand up. We
printed
them on the computer, then stuck the labels on scrap mat board in such a way
that
the board was twice as long in one direction. We folded the board, after
cutting
part way through, stuck a thumb tack in the folded over part, then wrapped the
whole thing in clear Mactac.
I have to point out that we have the luxury of fabric covered walls that close
hide the tack holes.
It was a lot of trouble, but since this show is sgoing to tour it seemed worth
it.

How it would work for you, I don't know.
Bill Clarke
Restigouche Regional Museum
Dalhousie, N.B. Canada