From:
Kimberly Beach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 11:06:47 -0700
I am looking for ideas for major fundraising events that have been
successful at other small historical societies and museums.  We are
looking for new ways to raise larger amounts of money with a small,
dedicated staff and a small volunteer core.

What fundraisers have worked at your institutions?  Please give me some
information about your community too, so we can determine if your
success stories would work for us.

Here's some background about our institution:

We have a modern museum with exhibit space and an 1832 Dutch farmhouse
with barn and outbuildings.  Our upcoming exhibits are the 24th Annual
Dollhouse and Miniature Show (Dec-Jan), an exhibit on Rockland County
industry in the 20th century (Feb-Apr), and an exhibit on Rockland
County women in the 20th century (May-July).  Our current exhibit,
"East Meets West," is about the similarities between Middle Eastern and
American clothing.  We do have programming on a smaller scale for minor
fund raising events, but we're looking for something a little more
lucrative.  (But if you have any wonderful programming ideas around our
exhibits, please feel free to share those too!)

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Kimberly A. Beach
Curator